Erectile dysfunction ED is the inability to achieve and maintain a penile erection that is sufficient enough for sexual intercourse.
There are several reasons for the presence of this disorder in males and most common of them is increasing age. In Australian men, aged between 50 and 60 years, the chance for erectile dysfunction is 26% which increases to 40% in the age group above 60 years.
Now arise the questions, What makes older adults more prone to erectile dysfunction-ED, and is it possible to prevent the occurrence despite old age.
Throwing light on the characteristics of the elderly population that make them susceptible to ED here are some components that cannot be ignored.
The following are the conditions that are found in the elder population and serve as risk factors for erectile dysfunction.
- Atherosclerosis: It is the accumulation of fatty plaques inside blood vessels that causes the blood vessel to become narrow and hard. The rise in the number of male patients with atherosclerosis in Australia is putting them at greater risk of getting erectile dysfunction secondary to blockage of blood flow to the penis.
- Increase rate of heart diseases: CVA and other cardiovascular conditions are reported in about 5.6% of people in Australia. The long-term consequences of stroke and heart failure can precipitate Erectile dysfunction ED as it directly affects the blood flow to the penile tissues.
- Hypogonadism: In this condition, males are unable to produce the males’ hormone called testosterone due to the glands being less functional in old age. In Australia, Klinefelter syndrome is the common cause of hypogonadism affecting 1 in 700 men. It is becoming a precursor for loss of erection.
- Venous leakage: Considered a red flag for erectile dysfunction, men with this condition fail to maintain their erection longer enough because veins do not keep the blood inside the penis and erection is lost.
The most common and reliable treatment for erectile dysfunction is phosphodiesterase-5 (PDE-5) inhibitor drugs buy priligy online australia, which is available in the Australian market with different trade names some of which are listed below.
- Viagra: The chemical name for Viagra is sildenafil citrate, and it works to treat erectile dysfunction in older men by improving circulation to the penile arteries. It can be taken orally, with an onset of 27 minutes or sublingually, with an onset of 15 minutes and the effect can last up to 40 minutes.
- Levitra: Vardenafil also known as Levitra helps older men achieve and maintain an erection by increasing the blood flow to penile tissues by inhibiting PDE-5. A 5mg dose is usually taken orally in the older population at the start that can be increased after doctor’s advice.
- Cialis: Also known as Tadalafil, is another medicine for erectile dysfunction, sold commonly in Australia. Its route of administration is oral and onset is within 30 min that can last for as long as 36 hours. It helps with erection by relaxing smooth muscles in the penis and increasing more blood to flow to the penile arteries.
- Kamagra jelly: Similar to Viagra, its chemical name is sildenafil citrate, but unlike a tablet, it is in the form of jelly that is taken orally. The onset is within 20 minutes that can last for up to 6 hours. It is available in different flavors.
- Priligy: Dapoxetine or Priligy is the drug for erectile dysfunction that should be used with great caution and it is the drug of choice for individuals aged between 18 to 64 years.
- Apcalis: With a chemical name Tadalafil it is the jelly form of Cialis that is taken orally and shows its effect by vasodilation of arteries around the penis after stimulation is provided. Get an effective solution from OZ Meds Online at your top priority.